Most smart phones run on android operating system. There is no doubt that Smartphones are taking over the world. If you don’t believe it then the following facts will alter your perception on smart phones and android devices.
According to a web-application monitor service New Relic, there are over 1.3 million android devices activated on a daily basis. That’s more than the number of babies being born daily the number standing at 300,000. People spend more time on the internet than they actually do watching TV. More of this time is spent on mobile apps. The infographic below shows it all.
It should be said that android OS would be nothing with the applications. That is why there are over 1 million mobile applications to feed an ever increasing android market. As a website owner, you should not be left out in the ‘bandwagon’. The good news is that you can have your own mobile app without any knowledge in programming. That’s not all. It is totally free to create a mobile app. There is a lot a mobile app can do to your website in terms of traffic and outreach. People are spending fortunes to create mobile-friendly websites. There a lot of open source utilities which as a webmaster, you can use to create and edge over your competition.
How to create the app free of charge
1. Go to AppsGeyser website.
2. You will see a form that resembles the one below. Fill in with the appropriate details
- The website URL filed should be filled with the your blog’s URL (e.g. http://www.ugandanfreelancer.com)
- App name filed-Enter the name of your android app
- In the icon field, you can choose to use the custom icon or select the custom icon which gives you the option of uploading the icon of your choice.
3. The other fields should be left as they are.
4. Next step is to click the refresh preview icon just under your website URL so that you can see how your Android app will look like.
5. Once you are certain that everything is ok, click on the create Application button.
6. Next step is to sign up to verify ownership of the android app.
7. upon completion of registration, there will be a dashboard with a download link of your app which you can put on your website for downloads.
The download will be in apk(android package) format which cannot be read with your android device. You should download the app installer from Google store. The app will look for any apk file and install it as an android application.
Publishing your app on Google play
Google play makes it easy to share your newly made android application with the world. Google charges $25 for you to publish the android application in their store. Looking at the statistics from the infographics, it is highly unlikely that your app will be downloaded. If you are however optimistic, these are the steps to follow;
- Go to this link and sign up.
- Download the app from AppsGeyser.
- Create an android developer account using this link
- Take screen shots of your app in action and upload them to the your developer account.
- Fill in the details and your android app is ready for download.
There you go. Create your first app without any knowledge in coding. All you need is a computer with internet connection and you are good to go.
Download my app
To enjoy the latest news about making money, blogging or tech, you can download my app from here:
Hope you have you find the article useful.